Data Privacy Lawyer
- Fixed contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Interim Privacy Lawyer to join a Global FTSE business on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. Ideally you will need to be Immediately available or available at short notice. Covering UK & Ireland, you will be part of a team responsible for the ensuring GDPR compliance across a specific entity within this location.
You will have high levels of data protection and privacy expertise with the ability to advise the business on issues relating to UK & Ireland.
- Share expert knowledge of data protection and privacy to provide high-quality and timely legal advice on compliance to Head of Privacy, Privacy Champions and other stakeholders in UK and Ireland);
Advise on and structure digital, e-commerce, marketing and other projects with data protection implication including mapping data flows, advising on information privacy practices, implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures;
Enhance privacy by design within business practices
- Update personal data processing register on One Trust through conducting regular meetings with Privacy Champions and the business, launching and approving Privacy Impact Assessments and, if required, Legitimate Impact Assessments for new processing activities, assisting the business in completing the Privacy Impact Assessment questionnaires and other internal privacy forms (PIAs, DPIAs, PIFs, DIAs etc)
- UK Law qualified or equivalent EU qualification
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of EU General Data Protection Regulation, European Data Protection Board Guidance and GDPR-like laws applicable in UK
- Strong data protection knowledge and expertise allowing to advise on data protection matters with an international scope in large institutions.
Please apply now if you match the spec and to discuss in more detail.