Junior Buyer – IT
- Fixed contract
Junior Buyer – IT
An exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer to a join a Global FTSE100 company. IT Procurement require an IT buyer to build on their procurement process experience and deliver cost reductions for Infrastructure, Telecoms, Applications and Cloud Services.
The role will be responsible for:
- Engaging with IT organisation and the business to obtain wider demand considerations and create a go to market and negotiation strategy for various complex contract renewals and new requirements.
- Advising indirect team members as they lead strategic and tactical efforts to obtain missing details and clarifications and outline requirements.
- Assisting and leading negotiation of contracts in line with business contract standards.
- Obtaining and updating an online pipeline of activity as well as savings trackers.
- Supporting Global Vendor management and license team in handover and support delivery of contracts deployed.
- Working in partnership with In-house or out-sourced IT Legal departments.
- Providing support [analytical data assessment, presentation development, procurement tool management, procurement project management and market insight research] for large, global strategic projects personally driving some key aspects.
You will be required to develop skills in the role of the educator while directing the activities of IT and the business in a proactive and strategic way. You must be comfortable to influence and identify and highlight where there is a need to drive change, combined with the drive to deliver results per the goals set, will enable you to support the rapid evolution of the organisational changes.
The Junior Buyer must be able to navigate contracts and identify key commercial areas, as well as areas you may need your indirect team’s support to review, delegating to legal teams as required.
Essential Experience Required
- Two or more years in a procurement role is expected, with experience in technology procurement.
- Has developed an effective technology procurement strategy for two or more IT projects.
- Legal experience, with some experience in technology contracts, is preferable.
- Thorough understanding of a robust procurement process and an ability and confidence to guide others in fulfilling this.