Senior Buyer – External Manufacturing
Senior Buyer External Manufacturing
Working for a market leading FTSE100 FMCG, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for a portfolio of External Manufacturing Suppliers at European level. The role is to develop and implement sourcing strategies as well as create strong relationship with the different internal stakeholders in Marketing and R&D to efficiently support and drive the innovation pipeline. The position will also be responsible for managing high profile projects to support business continuity strategies and cost reduction programs as well as the management of COG’s and payment terms in support of net revenue, gross margin and NWC improvement.
Managing around 15 suppliers across Europe, you will support Quality and Regulatory to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and secure supply chain on existing portfolio with implementation of Service Level Agreements. You will also own the financial performance in terms of purchasing price variance, and gain management and stakeholder support for proposed strategies, including leading their implementation and regularly report on progress senior management.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant procurement experience within FMCG or Consumer Healthcare.
- Previous experience with External Manufacturing is beneficial.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated success in completing business improvement projects such as cost reductions and business simplification processes.
- Must have the ability to lead cross functionally with Marketing, Supply, R&D and Finance to promote change, drive efficiencies and make cost savings impact on the business.
- Able to effectively communicate and to effect change with internal budget owners, peers, senior management, and suppliers.
- Ability to work in a truly global organisation. Proven experience in working in a fast moving and results driven environment which demands to work under continuous pressure.
- Willing to travel frequently