Senior Finance Manager – External Reporting
Senior Finance Manager – External Reporting.
This role provides the opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to work at the Corporate HQ of a dynamic and successful FTSE 100 company.
You will be responsible within Corporate Control for ensuring the Group meets its external reporting requirements in respect of both year end and quarterly announcements. You will work with the Group’s monthly corporate consolidation (a dedicated team of 3) within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). You will act as a key point of contact for Investor Relations, Company Secretary and the Group’s external Auditors (KPMG).
Responsibilities within external reporting:
- Review of corporate consolidation ensuring support and schedules are of sufficient quality.
- Financial disclosures and preparation of ‘back half’ of annual report.
- Preparation of financial information within quarterly press releases.
- Inputs to Investor relations for press release / disclosures.
- Ensure smooth running of audit process around the back half of accounts and related disclosures as well as acting as the bridge between the Group Consolidation team, containing many non-auditors.
- Completion of monthly corporate consolidation, including review of consolidation adjustments and corporate balance sheets.
- Completion of external announcements, including the Group’s Annual report in February that are free from material and clerical error.
Oversight of three areas of key judgements in group reporting:
- IFRS 2 and Share Awards calculations
- EPS calculations
- UK Defined benefit pensions bookings and accounting
- Qualified ACA with minimum of 4 years PQE.
- Experience of FTSE 350 reporting to London Stock Exchange and Group Annual Report, this can either be gained by:
- Working at experienced Manager or Senior Manager level within ‘Big 4’ listed company Audit practice.
- Working in industry overseeing the external reporting or working within the external reporting team of an existing FTSE listed business.
- Accuracy in preparing outputs and disclosures for external reporting.
- Familiarity with Group consolidation systems such as Hyperion Financial Management, or SAP BPC would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of European Securities and Markets Agency (EMSA) and Financial Reporting Council (FRC) guidance for reporting for public companies would also be an asset.